What Is Speed The Light? Speed the Light (STL) is the student-initiated ministry that provides transportation and communications equipment to missionaries across the nation and in over 150 countries around the world. STL has its humble beginnings in 1944 when Ralph W. Harris (then head of the NYD), prayed for a way to give A/G youth the opportunity to help missionaries in their work. Today, STL is one of the most effective missions programs in the church world. Assemblies of God students have accepted a great responsibility to voluntarily raise funds to purchase the equipment. Since its inception, STL has raised a total of $136,407,483.15 for missionary equipment around the world. Speed the Light has one guiding principle: All assistance must go to purchase equipment directly related to evangelism (“evangelism” is defined as propagating the gospel and instructing converts). STL equipment has not been nor is presently given for promotion, solicitation, or normal administrative funds.
1. Jubilee Christian Center- Fairfax, VA- $34,400.00
2. Cornerstone Church- Bowie, MD- $20,421.05
3. Chapel Springs- Bristow, VA- 13,351.33
4. Valley AG- Hagerstown, MD- $12,028.62
5. Victory Church- Winchester, VA- $11,088.34
6. Hancock AG- Hancock, MD-$11,000.00
7. Word of Life AG- Springfield, VA- 6,829.04
8. Rig AG- Moorefield, WV- $5,328.00
9. First AG- Alexandria, VA- 4,555.00
10. Trinity AG- Lanham, VA- 3,642.00
11. Silver Spring AG- Silver Spring, MD- $3,618.61
12. Grace AG- Bel Air, MD- $3,305.71
13. Christ Chapel- Woodbridge, VA- $3,240.00
14. Abundant Life Church- Stephens City, VA- $3,178.00
15. First Assembly of God- Harrisonburg, VA- $3,126.20
16. Clover Hil AG- Midlothian, VA- $3,000.00
17. The Worship Center- Leesburg, VA- $2,518.98
18. Ellicott City AG- Ellicott City, MD- $2,500.00
19. Centerpointe Church at Fair Oaks- Fairfax, VA- $2,200.00
20. Fellowship AG- Sperryville, VA- $2,000.00
Thank you for your continued support of STL. Because of everyone who gave, were able to send a total of $195.732.57 to STL for the year of 2016!
Please join us in praying for another great year for STL in 2017! I would urge you to set a goal for your Speed the Light giving this year. This is an all church project. Our missionaries are counting on us to help them fulfill their mission.
Please continue to encourage your church and youth ministry to make giving to STL and praying for our missionaries a priority for the year 2017.